Snowflake Punch Ornament



I saw an adorable ornament on Pinterest made with flowers from a paper punch pinned onto a Styrofoam ball.  I thought a ball covered in snowflakes would be even more Christmas-y....that and I have a snowflake punch, some nice blue scrapbook paper, and a spare Styrofoam ball on hand.  I love crafts where I don't have to buy anything!

This project requires:
a Styrofoam ball (I bought mine at Wal-mart)
a shaped paper punch (mine is a snowflake, but you could do stars or flowers--whatever you prefer)
paper 
a ribbon to hang the ornament
and a scissors

After I gathered my supplies, I punched a bunch of snowflakes out of some light blue scrapbook paper.  I had planned on using white card stock to contrast with the blue, but the thickness was a bit much for my cheap paper punch (which was most likely picked up in the dollar bin at Michael's), so I ended up using plain old copy paper.  It was a bit flimsy but worked fine.


After you've punched a bunch of snowflakes, start pinning them in a random but alternating pattern.  Try to get the pin in the center of the snowflake to keep things looking tidy.

When you're finished filling in with snowflakes, pin a ribbon to the top of your ornament so you can hang it from your tree.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces