Card Making: Punched Layers


I used to make cards all the time in high school and college.  When I had less money and more time it was a great way to give personalized gifts.  Well, I'm out of school for the summer--so I have less money and more time :).  I just happened to have two different small sized star paper punches, so I thought that would be a good place to start.  I layered the white card stock over striped paper, but any brightly colored paper--solid or with a small pattern--would work great.  Since I was just using cheap little paper punches, I got around not being able to punch the middle, by putting the card's message there (which I stamped). Everything got layered together using double stick tape.


The other card I made using this method was made with circle punches and circle paper.  I wish I had had a circle punch in between those two sizes, but it still turned out pretty well.  I tried to make them looked randomly placed--I'm not so sure how successful I was with that. :)

For my first attempts back at card creating, they turned out fairly cute--they've already been sent off to family. More card creations to come!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces