Alcohol Ink Trivets


I found out that 6x6 porcelain tiles only cost 48 cents at Home Depot, so I had to buy a couple and alcohol ink them up. I laid out all of my alcohol inking stuff on a craft mat and got to work.  For this first one, I played around with bright colors and a can of air.


I started out with all similar colors and then decided to spice things up a bit. I had a ton of fun using the bright colors and watching how the air can moved the ink around.  When using the canned air the ink dries super quick and makes the ink easy to work with--no need to wait for a layer to dry before adding more ink.

Alcohol Ink Tile Trivets

I layered on lots of brights to fill the tile and jazz things up a bit.


Alcohol Ink Tile Trivets

After I was satisfied with all of the colors, I tried my hand at making a landscape.  It was much harder than I thought it would be. I tilted the tile and used rubbing alcohol to lighten up and remove in areas. I used a q-tip dipped in alcohol to clear off the area for the sun and then applied my brightest gold alcohol ink. I redid the orange-y red layer several times and never got it to look quite right, but it was a lot of fun to play with and I hope I can figure out how to really do landscapes in the future.


I was satisfied with the paint splotch tile, so I decided to seal it up.  I took it outside with some clear acrylic sealer and sprayed a couple of coats onto it.


Once it had dried, I cut out a piece of white felt the size of the tile and grabbed my tacky glue (a glue gun would work fine too).


I applied glue around the outside edge and then made an X and put a few dots in between, then I applied the felt onto the back of the tile.


I let it dry for a few minutes and I was done.


I don't know how heat resistant these tiles are with the acrylic sealer on them, so I'll probably stick with using it as a candle trivet, but I think it turned out super cute!

Alcohol Ink Tile Trivet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces