Craft Update: Gerber Daisy Wreath


Back in May I made a wreath out of some daisies that I dyed with alcohol ink to make a cute summer wreath.  It's been hanging on my front door for most of the summer and has faded to more end of summer hues.  I thought I'd post some before (on the left) and after the summer (on the right) photos so folks could see how the alcohol ink fades in the sun.  The pictures aren't all that different, but in person, the hues have become a bit more muddied in color and lighter as they were set in with the sun.  Overall it did pretty well considering I have had it hanging in the sun (although on the north side of our house) for 4 months pretty much non-stop. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces