Popsicle Stick Starburst Ornaments


Well Christmas has come and gone, but our tree will be up until New Years, so I thought I'd squeeze one more holiday post in before the decorations all come down.  This one's a quick one that you can do with kids or whoever is crafty in your house and needing something to do during their vacations.

Grab some popsicle/craft sticks, glue them into a starburst pattern and decorate--it's a piece of cake.


I glued my 4 popsicle sticks into a starburst pattern with a hot glue gun, but you could easily use white glue or wood glue too.  The hot glue is just faster.  If you've got kids working on this project--a low temp glue gun would be a good option too.



Then I painted my starburst white with some thinned down craft paint (going for a bit of a snowflake thing, but you could paint them whatever color you wanted--or even leave them plain and just decorate them).


After the paint dried, I pulled out some glitter glue, but you could use sequins, plastic gems, regular glitter, or whatever you'd like.


Then I attached a metal ornament hanger to the back of the starburst (in the middle so it would sort of float).  You could also glue a string onto the back with the hot glue if you'd like instead.  These are an easy and fun little project.  Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces