Fried Onion Container Refashion


It's been awhile since I covered a French's Fried onion container. Long enough that I had two empty ones in my recycle craft box. So it must be time to whip a couple up. These containers are the perfect size to store bits and bobbles and the lid sits on the top securely, so I just can't throw them out without re-using them. The tricky bit is that they are curved, so aside from just leaving them white, mod podge (or other decoupage glue) is a must. Tissue paper is one of the easiest things to decoupage that will curve a bit. You could also use decorative napkins in much the same fashion. I cut two strips of this silly dog birthday tissue paper that I picked up at Tuesday Morning to the size to cover my containers and grabbed a foam brush.


I usually start these on the side seam in the plastic. I just spread a very thin layer of glue and curve the paper along the surface. Be sure to keep the top straight and avoid getting your fingers too glue-y or they might stick and rip the paper.


I like to let the edge hang over and then glue it down. But you could trim your paper (or be more precise when you cut out your original square). I just use the foam brush to put down some glue and then fold the paper over the edge.


Since the bottoms had glue on them, I left them sitting upside down on their top openings to dry just long enough for the tissue paper not to be wet and fragile. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes or over night, but let them set up a bit before spreading on a layer of sealing glue.


Now I have two more cute storage containers. These are going to be used for dog treats. I think my pup will approve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces